By using the Delta Electricity website, users are taken to have agreed to the Privacy Statement, copyright provisions and disclaimer.
This Privacy Statement applies to all publicly accessible pages available on the Delta Electricity website at www.de.com.au.
Delta Electricity does not take responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked through the Delta Electricity website.
When the Delta Electricity website is visited the following information is collected:
• The IP address given by the user’s ISP
• The user’s top level domain name
• The date and time of the user’s visit to the Delta Electricity website
• The pages accessed and the documents downloaded
• The type of browser used.
All these items are referred to as Technical Information.
Depending on the purpose of a user's visit, the following additional information may be collected but only if the user specifically provides this information by filling out a form on the Delta Electricity website or sending an email using an email facility on the website:
• Name and contact details including the user's email address;
• The tender the user is interested in (if applicable);
• Details of newsletters and other information concerning Delta Electricity that the user is interested in receiving;
• Employment related information, in relation to users who are applicants or prospective applicants for employment opportunities listed on the Delta Electricity website; and
• Any other information the user includes in a form or email.
How is the information used?
In relation to Technical Information, the information is usually aggregated, so that it cannot be used to identify or contact the user. This information is used to identify patterns of usage of the site. It is general information that allows us to make improvements to the functionality, useability and accessibility of the Delta Electricity website.
The information collected is in an appropriate secure format and held by Delta Electricity’s application service provider for archival purposes.
In relation to other information collected, the information is used for the purpose provided which may include tender registration; registration for positions vacant at Delta Electricity, to add the user to requested mailing lists or for general feedback purposes. Delta Electricity may make other incidental use of this information.
This Privacy Statement is not a contract between Delta Electricity and the user and is provided for information purposes only.